I Can Tell That We Are Going To Be Friends

M-Fuge 2009

I still can't believe what God did. My selfishness made me initially resist something that God wanted me to do. The good news is that a healthy fear of a loving Father got me moving toward obedience and finally saying "yes" to going on this trip- JUST A FEW HOURS BEFORE WE LEFT, by the way.

God got me out of my comfort zone and to a place 17 hours away, for 8 days!! Yes, 8 days. I had never been away from my family for that long. Brent was able to watch the kids and work from home for the duration of my camp trip- all his idea.

The whole time I was there, I could not figure out why God would have me working in youth ministry again and away from my family. I thought my days with that were over. I felt that I was getting to know my God all over again, and I was.

The week was AMAZING and something I won't soon forget. The mixture of kids was PERFECT!! There were students present that needed to be loved on by imperfect, but REAL-LIFE Christian teenagers.... and they got just that... patience and love and respect- all from the FBC youth group!! If anyone had not been there, that was, and you replaced them with someone else... it just wouldn't have been the same. Sweet, sweet, sweet!! There was tremendous stretching for everyone going on. The environment and activities were so out of the norm. We were definitely all moved, which ironically, was the theme for the whole week.

Knowing that that week was not all about me (selfish I know), blew me away. Brent and the kids did wonderfully. He is truly an amazing dad and husband that can handle things just fine without me and do a GREAT job. The kids seemed so grown up when I returned. They seemed to have grown so much while I was gone... I guess we all did!! Thank you Lord!!

No comments: